Caring for Ourselves, Caring for Others
Exploring Vulnerability and Courage through Loving-Kindness - 6 week meditation course
with Rebecca Haubner
This heart-opening, guided meditation practice is perfect for all levels of experience, and is grounded in trauma-informed practice.
Tuesday May 5th - June 9th
7:35-8:35pm - online from home
During this unprecedented time, the importance of loving-kindness when we or others are suffering is certainly a skill that can help us care for ourselves, as well as care for others with an altruistic, heartfelt quality.
Grounded in a deep sense of connection, benevolence, warmth and good will, the essence of loving-kindness (metta or maitri) is the desire for all beings to be well and truly happy, through the distillation of meditation practice.
What you will experientially learn:
- Heartfelt, guided meditations centered on loving-kindness, compassion and connection
- Latest research findings to help you understand why these practices are so beneficial at this time in our lives
- Find gentleness in encountering some common barriers to self-compassion and compassion for others, during uncertain times
- Foster emotional well-being and change brain structure in beneficial ways
- Positively impact your health and immune function by learning to regulate your nervous system and buffer against the effects of stress
- This online course, will be delivered in real-time, live-streamed through Zoom
- Each session is fully guided, and will open with a a gentle groudning meditation, focused on enriching qualities of compassion and connection
- Followed by a short teaching/discussionon the theme of that week
- Coupled with alonger, guided loving-kindness meditation associated with that theme and an opportunity for questions and reflections
- Handouts with weekly practice tools will be offered